| "The XM177 is an ehnace version of the CAR-15 and was made for special forces in the Vietnam War. This weapon uses 5.56mm NATO bullets which give it an aggressive attack functionality at the expense of high recoil."|
- in-game description
XM177 is an assault rifle-styled submachine gun featured in CrossFire.
The XM177 Carbine has a similar appearance with the M4A1 rifle without a carrying handle, but is classified as a submachine gun in-game. Compared to the standard M4A1, the XM177 has greater stopping power, much lighter weight, faster firing rate, and greater recoil. It has a capacity of 30 rounds with 90 in reserve.
- CF Korea
- CF China
- CF West
- CF Philippines
- The XM177 should be classified as an assault rifle in-game, since it uses 5.56x45mm rifle bullets, possesses rifle stopping power, and is a full-sized carbine (it is nowhere near the size or rate-of-fire of a submachine gun). The real reason why it is classified as a SMG might be the adoption of this gun by the US Air Force, which designated GAU 5/A, and classified as a SMG.
- XM177 carbine was part of the CAR-15 Commando's Military Weapon System and saw use in the Vietnam War, serving alongside the full length M16 rifles.
- This weapon shares animation with M4A1-S Ares.
- The XM177 features a unique muzzle smoke, only noticeable in first person view.
- Despite its name, the in-game version is not the real XM177 since the real version featured an A1 upper receiver and lacked a forward assist. This version is rather a Colt Model 933 since they shares the same barrel length, flat top receiver and round forward assist