| VKS (ВКС) is a Russian bullpup, straight-pull bolt-action, magazine-fed sniper rifle chambered for the 12.7×55mm STs-130 subsonic round. The weapon is also known by the name VSSK and the additional name Vykhlop (or, incorrectly, Vychlop), which comes from the development program. It was developed in around 2002 for the special force units of FSB.|
VKS is a sniper rifle in CrossFire.
This is another silenced sniper rifle that utilizes big cartridge after the OM-50 Nemesis, however, VKS is a bullpup sniper rifle rather than the traditional design. It has 5 rounds capacity (20 in reverse) like the OM-50 Nemesis, but features a much faster draw and reload speed, although bolt cycling time is still mediocre. Despite the cartridge size, this gun is only as powerful as AS50 and it still can't 1-hit kill in legs but has a 100% wallbang damage.
- High damage dealing.
- High accuracy.
- Full bullet penetration.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Fast reloading speed.
- Quiet firing noise.
- Low recoil.
- Slow bolt-cycling speed.
- Low magazine capacity.
- Single scope phase.
- CF Philippines
- CF Russia
- CF Indonesia
- CF West
- CF Vietnam
- Although this weapon is correctly classified as a Sniper Rifle, it incorrectly receives ammo buff from Assault Rifles VVIP (Such as M4A1-S VIP variants). This error is still not fixed.
- In CF Philippines, this gun incorrectly uses the description from HK G28's.
- Also, this gun is missing the Resell button in it, along with OTs-23 Drotik.
- This also has a unique animation when holding the gun in stationary, this one does not look at the scope.
- Also, this gun has a unique bolt-cycling animation simply just pulling backward instead by pulling upward like most traditional bolt action rifle to eject the cartridge just like Barrett M82A1.
- This is due to the rifle being a Straight Pull Bolt Action rifle, like the Blazer R93 T2.
- The cartridge fired by the VKS - the STs-130 - is a Subsonic cartridge, meaning that it doesn't have the loud supersonic 'Crack' that comes from the bullet exceding the speed of sound. Coupled with the massive Suppressor, this allows the VKS to be truly silent (at least compared to other weapons in the game, that also feature suppressors, but fire supersonic rounds, which will still have the supersonic Crack).
- This would mean in real life that the cartridge would not keep itself well in extreme ranges (however, the cartridge has a claimed accuracy of 1 MOA at 100 Meters). Although there are supersonic loads for the STs-130 (such the Legkaya Pulya (LP) or "Light Bullet"), they are meant to be fired only in the ASh-12.7, as the VKS would not be able to feed or chamber rounds designed for the ASh-12.7 due to significant length differences in the bullet component of the cartridge.