Type-56 is an assault rifle available in CrossFire.
Type-56 is a Chinese copy of AK-47 in which both perform similarly in terms of damage, rate of fire, and ammo capacity. However, the Type-56 is slightly more accurate than the AK-47 itself. Its recoil is a bit stronger. It also has different firing, drawing, and reloading sound compared to the original Russian version.
Players who are experts with AK-47 would simply be able to master Type-56 easily.
- High damage.
- High rate of fire.
- Highly accurate.
- Capable to score 1-hit headshot kill at any range.
- High recoil.
- Unstable for hit 'n' run.
- CF China
- CF Korea
- CF Indonesia
- CF Philippines
- CF Brazil
- CF West
- CF Vietnam
- CF Español
- CF Russia
- The mounted knife on Type-56 is permanently folded in closed position, making it unusable in-game.
- However, the mounted knife seems longer and smaller in size compared to the one used on AK-47 Knife, indicating that it should have longer stabbing range and quicker stabbing speed than AK-47 Knife. This feature is probably not added to prevent AK-47 Knife(s) from getting outclassed.
- This rifle strangely uses partially-hooded front sight like on AK-47, while the real life Type-56s utilizes fully-hooded front sight instead.
- It shares similar cocking sound as VHS and firing sound as VZ-58, making Type-56 rather unique than AK-47.
- Despite Type-56 is technically a copied version of AK-47, CrossFire gives the weapon a different model than the AK-47 notably the design of its front sight, handguard, and the gas tube retaining pin (in which the differences are more noticeable in 1st Person), making it not nearly identical to AK-47.
- Strangely, many latest AK-47 variants (started from AK-47 Phoenix) are actually a re-skinned version of Type-56's design, albeit with the foldable knife excluded.