SR-99 is a modernized version of the Galatz sniper rifle.
It's yet another semi-automatic sniper rifle after the VSK-94, and has a vast improved stats among the semi-automatic sniper family. SR-99 has a 25-round detachable box magazine (50 in reserve) and a unique 2-level zoom scope, unlike most semi-automatic sniper rifles which only have one. The accuracy is also impressive, especially when crouching or when the scope is zoomed twice.
This gun has a fast firing rate, both with or without scope and is capable of 2-hit kill against armored opponents, making it quite useful when taking on lots of enemies. However, the recoil is a bit high when fired continuously and its draw/reload time is mediocre. Its wallbang damage is also very poor. This gun is also heavier than most of semi-automatic sniper rifles.
- High accuracy.
- High damage dealing.
- Fast rate of fire.
- Low recoil.
- Very high magazine capacity.
- Has 2 spare magazines.
- Dual scope phase.
- Heavyweight. (heavier than HK G28)
- Poor bullet penetration.
- High recoil.
- Available in all CrossFire versions.
- Originally, sniper rifle having not less than 20 rounds per magazine will have only one magazine in reserve (except for Knight SR-25 Ares in CF Brazil and CF Vietnam in MM & variants). However, this is the only weapon to have an ammo fixed of 25/50, making this gun the only exceptive case.
- In CF Europe, the description said that SR-99 only had 1 magazine in reserve instead of the 2 in other versions. It has been fixed in subsequent patches.
- This weapon has different firing sound in Battle Royale.
- In CF Philippines and CF Vietnam, the SR-99 is currently only available in Battle Royale.