|"A pistol developed by Colt, the Python is a revolver known for its rapid rate of fire."
- in-game description
Python is a magnum revolver featured in CrossFire.
The Colt Python is a six-shot double-action revolver chambered for the .357 Magnum cartridge. It is one of the few handguns wielded with one hand in CF.
It has high accuracy, very fast firing speed, fast draw speed, and fast reloading speed. It deals high damage to the enemy (2-3 hit kills to the body at close range) and it also has very low recoil, allowing for accurate rapid fire.
As a downside, the Python is less effective than the Desert Eagle at long range, due to quicker damage drop as the distance increases.
- High accuracy.
- High damage dealing.
- Quick drawing speed.
- Fast reloading speed.
- Low recoil.
- Very high rate of fire.
- Damage reduction at long range.
- Low magazine capacity.
- Easily runs dry.
- CF Vietnam
- CF China
- CF West
- CF Russia
- CF Philippines
- CF Brazil
- The Python has one of the fastest firing speed of all semi-automatic handguns in CF, capable of emptying its six-round cylinder within one second, only behind Anaconda-Ghetto (in its Fast Draw mode), PMR 30, COP 357 Derringer and Dual Colt Hellfire.
- Even if the spent casings can be seen falling from the gun when reloading, players can notice the cylinder is still fully loaded.
- Originally, the Python is wielded by two hands in both first-person and third-person view, but later it was changed to wielded by one hand (see screenshots below).
- During the beta test, the Python shares firing sound with Desert Eagle, but by the time it was released, it was given its own unique firing sound.
- In CF Philippines, it can be obtained temporarily through the prizes of the Mini Capsule crates (3 days best). In later patch updates, the permanent variant is now available in Item Shop.
- In CF Vietnam, Python is available in the Item Shop (cash) while CF China sells this gun as a GP item.
- In CF West, it is available in the Black Market together with the Colt SAA.