Master Hero Mode X (or Evil Terminator Mode) is a map add-on of the Mass Mutation Mode, and is only applied to some specific maps.
Available in all CrossFire versions.
Similar to the Parasite Expansion, this map option is mostly based on the classic Hero Mode X. It has unique mechanics found in Hero Mode X but also features some new features from other Mutation Mode variations such as Mutation Knight Mode and Mutant Escape Mode.
The match will start with a maximum of 30 players, of which up to 2 players will turn into Berserk Mutants and up to 2 players will turn into the Mutant Boss, Xeno (depends on the number of players during the match).Unlike Hero Mode X (including its Havoc/Ranger Expansion and Parasite Expansion) which can be played in any Mutation Mode and variants' maps, due to the high number of players and new mechanics, there are new maps available exclusively for this mode option, and most of them are based on the popular Hero Mode X maps.
On January 2020 update in CF China, this mode has released two new character options for players - Master Hunter and Demon Terminator. They are the equivalent of Master Hero and Evil Terminator, but with different weapons and skills.The Supply Box has added the AT4 from Battle Mode, which deals with massive damage to mutants. Beside additional Evolution Points, mutants will get bonus items among picking them up.
On September 2020 update in CF China, this mode got two additional character options - Master Ascetic Hero and Void Terminator. They are also the equivalent of Master Hero and Evil Terminator, but with different weapons and skills.Commando's health point has been increased from 5500 to 9000, helping him survive in the mass horde of mutants. Similar to Subject Alpha's Shapeshifter skill, normal mutants are allowed to select any other purchased mutants after respawning, giving them options to pick suitable mutants for the gameplay. The mutants options have been re-ordered based on the mutants' popularity, however.
Beside that, the Random Buff mechanic was introduced, making the battle more intense, and this options will make it so that every round will have a random buff applied to both sides. It is currently only available in the following maps: Dawn Village & Void Island as of now. Here are the available buffs and their effects:
|A random soldier will become Hero and uses FAL Custom-Camo. Hero is able to pick up any available Hero Box without transforming to Commando.||Mutants can use "G" skill without having to lose health point.|
|Secondary or melee weapons' power will be increased significantly.||Mutants transformed at the beginning of a match will all become Xeno.|
|Soldiers' grenades will be increased up to 5.||Mutants' health point increased significantly (up to 21500HP).|
|Weapon firepower increased after picking Supply Boxes.||-|
|All soldiers are equiped with infinite ammo magazine.||Additional AC point added after picking Supply Boxes.|
Xeno still joins the battle to beat the soldiers, but unlike Hero Mode X and similar to Mutant Escape Mode, up to two players will turn into Xenos upon the countdown (depends on the number of players, otherwise it's still one Xeno). He still can use his Bulletproof Shield, but now he only takes 300 HP to use it instead of 500 HP like before. His default health point also got increased (9000 HP for Level 2, and 12000 HP for Level 3).
During the round, Xeno can pick the blazing Evil Box dropped on the map, and choose to transform into Evil Terminator, Demon Terminator, Void Terminator or Queen Terminator. At this time, they can use their different skills along with higher health points (13000, 16000, 14000 and 12000 HP, respectively).
For normal mutants, up to two players will be chosen as berserk mutants. Mutants now only require about less than a second to absorb point from other dead mutants. Like Mutant Escape Mode, they also have faster health recovery as well. Like Mutation Knight Mode, they can pick the black Supply Boxes dropped around the map to gain Evolution Level, along with an additional 500 HP, Bulletproof Shield in 3 seconds, or Instant Level 3 Boost (if lucky). When defeated, mutants still save both Evolution Level and Evolution Point when respawned. After evolving to Level 3, mutants can also pick the Evil Box and choose to transform into Terminators as well.
Commando is also in the battle to fight against Xeno and the mutants; however, he got some disadvantages this time. Although his health point has been increased to 9000, his Dual Kukri now deals lower damage against mutants. To make up for that, he can pick up the freezing Hero Boxes dropped on the map and choose to transform into Master Hero, Master Hunter, Master Ascetic Hero or Mystic Hero. At this time, his/her health point got up from 12000 HP to 15000 HP (vary between the Hero), which is higher than any previous special characters. Commando will respawn as a mutant after being defeated, similar to Hero in Mutant Escape Mode while the Special Heroes' death are permanent.
For normal soldiers, they can pick up black Supply Boxes dropped around the map to receive items such as FAL Custom Camo-Stray, AT4, Bio Grenade, Stun Grenade (Wide) or Mutation Vest (only 1 per soldier), but at the same time, they also have their primary weapons' ammo refilled. Special Heroes can pick it up to gain an additional 300 HP as well.
- Watch out when the Evil Terminators are around you, they can keep throwing fireballs and distracting you from the incoming hordes, especially the dangerous mutants such as Maiden or Enchantress. Try to shoot them down.
- Try not to be stuck in a crowded soldier group, as it can prevent you from dodging Evil Terminator's fireball.
- Try to pick up Supply Boxes if you can, since they can give you useful items and also refill the primary weapon's ammo as well. Remember that mutants can try to steal supply boxes to evolve, and they'll pose a huge threat once they're fully evolved and transform into the Terminators.
- Since the number of mutants in this mode are significantly high, try to reduce the number of mutants by killing them with melee weapons when they're flashing red / low on HP, so the work of other soldiers and/or heroes would be easier.
- Since Commando and his weapon isn't strong enough to deal a large horde of mutant in this mode, soldiers are recommended to pick Hero Box to become Special Heroes. These Hero Boxes are always spawning at the fixed places on the maps, so players can try to camping around there so they can easily acquire them when they became Commando. If these boxes are out, try to dodge the mutants, assist the Special Heroes or simply stay out of the mutants' sights on high places until the time's up.
- As Master Hero, try to use LMB on weaker (Slug / Berserker or low HP) mutants, with 1-2 slashes are enough to kill them, while for the stronger (Titan or high HP) mutants and the terminators, try to use RMB along with the Rage attack, which can deal high HP on mutants (even a single RMB attack can kill a Titan level mutant). The Rage attack should also be used when you're being surrounded by many mutants.
- As Master Hunter, while the Dash ability is mostly for escaping purposes, players can use it to teleport right next to the mutants surprisingly and slashing them, as they may not react fast enough. Master Hunter also immune to any damage while using the Dash. The Dash ability can allow you to skip some object that requires jumping/climbing as well (i.e the one-way ladder or multi-boxes in Dawn Village).
- As Master Hero or Master Hunter, pretend to run away when being chased by a group of mutants, then suddenly turn around and quickly activate your specific skill (Rage attack as Master Hero, Dash ability as Master Hunter) and slash the mutants, then repeat. Most of the time the mutants won't react fast enough and will be killed. Be careful though, the Terminators may deal lots of damage to you. Should do this trick if you have high HP and skilled enough.
- As Master Ascetic Hero, use the Shield to reduce high level mutants and Terminators' health so that you can easily defeat them. The shield also act as a bulletproof and you'll be immune to any damage for a few seconds before the shield explodes. It also help you to clear any weak mutants nearby you if you're surrounded by them. Unfortunately, the Shield may help the high level mutants be killed by it instead of your hands, so they will respawn back with full health, so you must be very careful.
- As the heroes, cooperate to increase the chance of survival. A "lone wolf" hero won't last for long by themselves (unless they're skilled enough to dodge and kill the mutants).
- If the number of mutants are too high, try to camping at high places or only one-way access places (like the clocktower in Dawn Village) so you won't have to deal with many mutants at the same time. Still needs to watch out for Maiden / Enchantress and Evil Terminators' fireballs.
- Soldiers need to be aware when Void Terminator is near the defense group. Shoot him to make him as weak as possible to stop him from creating Teleport spot and weaken him for faster finish-off after his successful teleport. Also, watch your and/or your teammates' back, maybe the Terminators are creating Teleport spot behind you and/or your team to attack.
- If Void Terminator has successfully create a Teleport spot, it's best to stand far away from it as much as possible, and gun them down as fast as you can before other mutants come.
- It's actually not always necessary to transform to Commando when it's available; if there is no Hero Box around and you're quite safe from the mutants, you can just camping on high places with supply boxes so that you can assist the heroes and/or kill the incoming mutant hordes by yourself with your weapons and/or special weapons from boxes (like the FAL Camo Stray or AT4).
- As the heroes, beware of Xeno and Demon Terminator's shield, as it will take less damage from your attack while capable of killing you instantly. Try to back up until the shield expired, then quickly killing it. The other terminators (Evil / Void / Queen) doesn't have the shield skill, so they're pretty much vulnerable to your attack.
- As Mystic Hero, try to cure any mutant if possible, especially any player who has strong weapon like Steyr TMP-Death Eye or Gatling Gun-Infernal Dragon. Try to cure high level mutant (Titan level) as well, so if they gets infected again, they'll be at level 1 (Slug level) for an easy kill.
- As Mystic Hero, use Freezing Grenade on a crowded mutant group, especially ones with many Terminators and high level mutants so that you and/or your teammates can easily take them down or runaway from them.
- Try to pick Supply Boxes so that you can level up faster and can acquire the Evil Box when evolved to Level 3. Evil Terminator, Demon Terminator, and Void Terminator are very dangerous against both soldiers and heroes.
- For Xenos: Don't try to get the Evil Box if it's not necessary, as you are very powerful already. Save the Evil Box for lesser mutants, and instead collect supply boxes and infect soldiers.
- For Terminators: Save the supply boxes for lesser mutants, as each can only give you a little amount of HP and since you cannot evolve anymore, try to rush soldiers instead.
- Try to rush soldiers. Mutants can still save both Evolution Level and Evolution Point when respawned so you can try again when you're being killed. Still watch out from being killed by a melee attack, though.
- Don't always rely on Boss Mutants, try to help them by attacking along with them, or distracting the soldiers by using Maiden's Invisibility skill or Assassin's Grenade to disrupt soldiers.
- Try to aim for the head and/or attack at the back of the Special Heroes, since they're very dangerous when it comes to face to face. Also don't attack the heroes alone, better cooperate with other mutants instead. But beware when attacking at small / narrow places, since mutants can be stuck each other and heroes will have an easier time finishing the mutants off.
- Always coordinate with other Terminators when attacking, especially when there are lots of soldiers with heavy firepower in a crowded area. Balance the number of Terminators if possible, so that one group can spam fireballs to disrupt soldiers' position while the others can rush them with aid of their shields and their teleport skills.
- As Terminators, try to prevent the Commandos from picking up Hero Box by camping/guarding them, as these boxes are always spawned at fixed places. These mutants are highly dangerous against Commando so don't give them a chance, a couple of RMB attack is enough to take them down and join the Mutant armies.
- The Fireball of Evil Terminators can deals up to more than 2000 HP on heroes, so try to use this if the heroes are surrounded or camping on high places.
- Soldiers who are infected by high damage mutant attacks will spawn with higher maximum HP. If you know you will die to an onslaught of mutants soon, try to be mutated by any Demon Terminator, if possible. It will give an extra 5k max HP to mutant.
- As Queen Terminator, use the Invisible Circle skill when a mutant army about to attack the soldier group. This will make soldiers have a hard time to kill invisible mutants.
- As Queen Terminator, use the Healing Orb to heal any strong mutant that are about to die or when rushing soldiers. It will not only give them HP but also give them a speed boost as well.
- Like Hero Mode X, Mutants don't have proper killsound (when killing heroes) in this mode, thus they will adapt killsound of whichever human character the players are using, leading to a funny consequence as male/female mutants can use female/male killsounds.
- In CF China and West, Master Hero's killsound are shared with normal female characters while his death sound are shared with Master Hunter, despite being male commando. It still hasn't fixed yet.