Available in all CrossFire versions
Similar to the Parasite Expansion, this map option is mostly based on the classic Hero Mode X. It has unique mechanics found in Hero Mode X but also features some new features from other Mutation Mode variations such as Mutation Knight Mode and Mutant Escape Mode.
The match will start with a maximum of 30 players, of which up to 2 players will turn into Berserk Mutants and up to 2 players will turn into the Mutant Boss, Xeno (depends on the number of players during the match).
Unlike Hero Mode X (including its Havoc/Ranger Expansion and Parasite Expansion) which can be played in any Mutation Mode and variants' maps, due to the high number of players and new mechanics, there are new maps available exclusively for this mode option, and most of them are based on the popular Hero Mode X maps.
On January 2020 update in CF China, this mode has released two new character options for players - Master Hunter and Demon Terminator. They are the equivalent of Master Hero and Evil Terminator, but with different weapons and skills.
On September 2020 update in CF China, this mode got two additional character options - Master Ascetic Hero and Void Terminator. They are also the equivalent of Master Hero and Evil Terminator, but with different weapons and skills.
Hero's health point has been increased from 5500 to 9000, helping him survive in the mass horde of mutants. Similar to Subject Alpha's Shapeshifter skill, normal mutants are allowed to select another mutant after respawning, giving them options to pick suitable mutants for the gameplay. The mutants options have been re-ordered based on the mutants' popularity, however.
Xeno still joins the battle to beat the soldiers, but unlike Hero Mode X and similar to Mutant Escape Mode, up to two players will turn into Xenos upon the countdown (depends on the number of players, otherwise it's still one Xeno). He still can use his Bulletproof Shield, but now he only takes 300 HP to use it instead of 500 HP like before. His default health point also got increased (9000 HP for Level 2, and 12000 HP for Level 3).
During the round, Xeno can pick the blazing Evil Box dropped on the map, and choose to transform into Evil Terminator, Demon Terminator, or Void Terminator. At this time, both can use their different skills along with higher health points (13000 HP).
For normal mutants, up to two players will be chosen as berserk mutants. Mutants now only require about less than 2 seconds to absorb point from other dead mutants. Like Mutant Escape Mode, They also have faster health recovery as well. Like Mutation Knight Mode, they can pick the black Supply Boxes dropped around the map to gain Evolution Level, along with an additional 500 HP, Bulletproof Shield in 3 seconds, or Instant Level 3 Boost (if lucky). When defeated, mutants still save both Evolution Level and Evolution Point when respawned. Evolving to Level 3, mutants can also pick the Evil Box and choose to transform into Evil Terminator or Demon Terminator as well.
Commando is also in the battle to fight against Xeno; however, he got some disadvantages. Although his health point has been increased to 9000, his Dual Kukri still deals with lower damage against mutants. To make up for that, he can pick up the freezing Hero Boxes dropped on the map and choose to transform into Master Hero, Master Hunter, or Master Ascetic Hero. At this time, his/her health point got up to 15000 HP, which is higher than any previous special characters. Commando will respawn as a mutant after being defeated, similar to Hero in Mutant Escape Mode while Master Hero and Master Hunter's death are permanent.
For normal soldiers, they can pick up black Supply Boxes dropped around the map to receive items such as FAL Custom Camo-Stray, AT4, Bio Grenade, Stun Grenade (Wide) or Mutation Vest (only 1 per soldier), but at the same time, they also have their primary weapons' ammo refilled. Master Hero and Master Hunter can pick it up to gain an additional 300 HP.
- Watch out when the Evil Terminators are around you, they can keep throwing fireballs and distracting you from the incoming hordes, especially the dangerous mutants such as Maiden or Enchantress. Try to shoot them down.
- Try not to be stuck in a crowded soldier group, as it can prevent you from dodging Evil Terminator's fireball.
- Try to pick up Supply Boxes if you can, since they can give you useful items and also refill the primary weapon's ammo as well. Remember that mutants can try to steal supply boxes to evolve, and they'll pose a huge threat once they're fully evolved and transform into Evil / Demon / Void Terminator.
- Since the number of mutants in this mode are significantly high, try to reduce the number of mutants by killing them with melee weapons, so the work of Heroic Characters would be easier.
- Since Commando and his weapon isn't strong enough to deal a large horde of mutant in this mode, soldiers are recommended to pick Hero Box to become Master Hero / Hunter / Ascetic Hero. These Hero Boxes are always spawning the fixed places on the maps, so players can try to camping around there so they can easily acquire them when they became Commando. If these boxes are out, try to dodge the mutants if there are too many of them.
- As Master Hero, try to use LMB on weaker (Slug/Berserker or low HP) mutants, with 1-2 slashes are enough to kill them, while for the stronger (Titan or high HP) mutants and the terminators, try to use RMB along with the Rage attack, which can deal high HP on mutants (even a single RMB attack can kill a Titan-level mutant). The Rage attack should also be used when you're being surrounded by many mutants.
- As Master Hunter, while the Dash ability is mostly for escaping purposes, players can use it to teleport right next to the mutants surprisingly and slashing them, as they may not react fast enough. The Dash ability can allow you to skip some object that requires jumping/climbing as well (i.e the one-way ladder or multi-boxes in Dawn Village).
- As Master Hero, Master Hunter pretend to run away when being chased by a group of mutants, then suddenly turn around and quickly activate your specific skill (Rage attack as Master Hero, Dash ability as Master Hunter) and slash the mutants, then repeat. Most of the time the mutants won't react fast enough and will be killed.
- As the heroes, cooperate to increase the chance of survival.
- If the number of mutants is too high, try to camping at high places or only one-way access places (like the clocktower in Dawn Village) so you won't have to deal with many mutants at the same time. Still needs to watch out for Maiden/Enchantress and Evil Terminators' fireballs.
- Soldiers need to be aware when Void Terminator is on the same height from the ground with soldiers, near the defense group. Shoot him to make him as weak as possible to stop him from creating Teleport spot and weaken him for faster finish-off after his successful teleport.
- If Void Terminator has successfully create a Teleport spot, it's best to stand far away from it as much as possible.
- Try to pick Supply Boxes so that you can level up faster and can acquire the Evil Box when evolved to Level 3. Evil Terminator, Demon Terminator, and Void Terminator are very dangerous against both soldiers and heroes.
- Try to rush soldiers. Mutants can still save both Evolution Level and Evolution Point when respawned so you can try again when you're being killed. Still watch out from being killed by a melee attack, though.
- Don't always rely on Boss Mutants, try to help them by attacking along with them, or distracting the soldiers by stealth attack.
- Try to aim for the head and attack at the back of Master Hero, Master Hunter, or Master Ascetic Hero, since they're very dangerous when it comes to face to face. Don't attack the heroes alone, better cooperate with other mutants instead.
- Always coordinate with other Terminators when attacking, especially when there are lots of soldiers with heavy firepower in a crowded area. Balance the number of Evil / Demon / Void Terminators if possible, so that one group can spam fireballs to disrupt soldiers' position while the others can rush them with aid of their shields.
- As Evil Terminators, Demon Terminators, or Void Terminator, try to prevent the Commandos from picking up Hero Box by camping/guarding them, as these boxes are always spawned at fixed places. These mutants are highly dangerous against Commando so don't give them a chance, a couple of RMB attack is enough to take them down and join the Mutant armies.
- The Fireball of Evil Terminators can deals up to more than 2000 HP on heroes, so try to use this if the heroes are surrounded or camping in high places.