MSG90 is a semi-automatic sniper rifle featured in CrossFire.
MSG90 is a militarized version of the PSG-1, with additional improvements like reduced weight (1 kg lighter than the regular PSG-1) and faster firing speed. The MSG90 fires 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition. It has high accuracy, fast firing rate (only if scoped), and also light weight. However, it mostly takes 2 shots to kill enemies in normal health, although hitting on enemy's chest in a very close range might occasionally kill him in one shot.
Due to the reduced weight fact stated above, MSG90 is pretty light to be carried around, despite that it acts as a sniper rifle in-game.
- High magazine capacity (10 rounds per magazine - some regions only).
- Highly accurate.
- Fast firing rate.
- Fast reloading speed.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Server differences
- Can be bought via Game Point (some regions only).
- Low magazine capacity (5 rounds per magazine - some regions only).
- Unable to 1-hit kill enemies in full health because of its moderate damage.
- Single scope phase only.
- Very poor in CQB.
- Easily runs dry.
- Loud firing noise.
- Server differences
- Only obtainable via Black Market (some regions only).
- Can only be used temporarily (some regions only).
- Has a rank restriction (CF ID and CF PH only).
Available in all CrossFire versions
- The model of the MSG90 used in CrossFire is an MSG90A1 since it uses a fully-hooded front sight.
- Some CF versions sell this gun in the Item Shop on an expensive price above 40,000 GP, more expensive than the price of the PSG-1. In real life, MSG90 should be cheaper than the predecessor.
- The magazine modeled for the MSG90 will always be a 10-round magazine clip as depicted from its size. However, this would look strange to other CF servers where the MSG90 only holds 5 rounds per magazine. Note that it should be a smaller one once coupled with 5-rounds.
- In CF PH, players will receive a permanent MSG90 by completing the final Sniper Badge, despite this gun being available in the Item Shop.