MATEBA is a semi-automatic magnum revolver featured in CrossFire.
The MATEBA possesses damage similar with the Anaconda, and has a capacity of 6 rounds with 30 in reserve. It is able to kill an opponent with 2-3 shots in the body at close range, while the power drops off in medium to long range.
It has a fast firing rate, great accuracy, and low recoil despite being a high damage pistol. The fire rate being faster and the recoil lower than the Anaconda. It's drawing time and reload speed is rather long compared to other pistols. It's also produces a louder firing noise.
- CF Vietnam
- CF Korea
- CF China
- CF West
- CF Philippines
- CF Brazil
- CF Indonesia
- The Mateba Model 6 Unica is known for it's unique semi-automatic action and 6 o'clock "upside down" barrel, different from standard double-action revolvers.
- The explanation for the gun's low recoil despite it's .44 Magnum cartridges lies in the inverted barrel: it decreases muzzle flip through smaller bore axis to grip distance.
- Virtua Cop's GUARDIAN I is based on this weapon, and they share the same firing sound.
- The MATEBA was also made famous in the anime Ghost in the Shell.
- Because the MATEBA variants are simply texture reskin, it's illogical that they have 9 rounds since the cylinder still shows 6 shots when reloading.
- In CF Indonesia many players buy this weapon due to it's great firing effect.