MATEBA is a semi-automatic magnum revolver featured in CrossFire.
The MATEBA possesses damage similar to the Anaconda, and has a capacity of 6 rounds with 30 in reserve. It's able to kill an opponent with 2-3 shots in the body at close range, while the power drops off in the medium to long-range.
It has a fast firing rate, high damage dealing, great accuracy, and low recoil. The fire rate is faster and the recoil lower than the Anaconda. However, its drawing time and reload speed is rather long compared to other pistols. Also, it produces a louder firing noise.
- High accuracy.
- High damage dealing.
- Fast rate of fire.
- Low recoil.
- Slow drawing speed.
- Slow reloading speed.
- Loud firing noise.
- Damage reduction on long-range.
- Low magazine capacity.
- CF Vietnam
- CF China
- CF West
- CF Philippines
- CF Brazil
- CF Indonesia
- The Mateba Model 6 Unica is known for its unique semi-automatic action and 6 o'clock "upside-down" barrel, different from standard double-action revolvers.
- The explanation for the gun's low recoil despite it's .44 Magnum cartridges lies in the inverted barrel: it decreases muzzle flip through smaller bore axis to grip distance.
- The MATEBA was famous for being featured in the anime "Ghost in the Shell".
- Its firing sound is similar to the Guardian in Virtua Cop.
- Because the MATEBA variants are simply textured reskin, it's illogical that they have 9 rounds since the cylinder still shows 6 shots when reloading. This also happens with other revolvers.
- In CF Indonesia, many players bought this weapon due to it's firing sound effect.
- In CF Philippines, it's one of the rarest weapons and it can only be obtained by playing 5 times per day for only one day duration.