| An M37 Stakeout made from the new thermostable ARES alloy. This weapon can be outfitted with either Slugs or Buckshot. It has proven invaluable in the war again the zombies.|
- Weapon description
This weapon is released along with CrossFire 2.0 update.
The M37 Stakeout-Ares is a shotgun that can use both powerful 12 Gauge slug shells and regular buckshot shells. It has black-silver-red color color pattern. It has a faster drawing and reloading speed, holds more ammunition, and less recoil than the original weapon.
By pressing secondary fire key (or RMB), this gun will change the ammunition from buckshot shells to slugs or in reverse. The player can only chamber a single slug shell, so after firing the slug the gun will immediately switch to buckshot. No ammunition is lost when swapping shells.
The shotgun does high damage when using buckshot in short range. The slugs do tremendous damage in any range: able to 1 hit kill at any part of the body at close-medium range, while at long range it takes 2 arm or leg shots to kill. The regular shells have spread due to them being pellets, but the slugs are solid bullets so they will fire into a single point without any spread.
However, this weapon takes longer to do ammo switch than the SPAS-12-Ares.
- High damage dealing.
- Very high damage dealing on slug shell.
- Medium to high accuracy.
- High accuracy on slug shell.
- Low recoil.
- High magazine capacity for a pump-action shotgun.
- Fast pumping action time.
- Fast reloading time for a single shell.
- Full wallbang damage on buckshot or slug.
- Narrow shell spreading. (Both slug and buckshot)
- Can be swap to slug shell anytime.
- Narrow crosshair. (buckshot only)
- Very small crosshair. (slug only)
- Damage loses on long range.
- Cannot be fired while reloading.
- Cannot perform reload-cancel.
- Requires some time to do a full reload.
- Requires some time to perform ammo swap.
Available in all versions that has already updated to CrossFire 2.0.
- In CrossFire Vietnam, this gun has ammo inconsistency where 8/40 in all modes and 8/48 in Mutation mode & variants.