| An enhanced version of the M249 SPW with an Urban Camo pattern and a burst fire mode for right-click.|
- Weapon description
M249 Minimi SPW-Urban is a machine gun variant of M249 Minimi SPW in CrossFire.
This M249 Minimi SPW has a new urban camo skin that helps it blend in with urban environment. It has 150 rounds magazine (+50), making it more useful than the Oriental Phoenix variant.
This variant has two firing modes; the normal one with character firing it from the hip, and the new burst fire mode that makes player change the weapon stance to the shoulder and forced the weapon to fires faster. In this mode, the firing speed is increased about 15% with the consequence that the recoil is increased.
- Moderate-high damage dealing.
- Fast rate of fire.
- Very fast rate of fire on burst mode.
- High magazine capacity.
- Very fast reloading speed.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Has a 150 rounds magazine.
- Requires some time to switch to 'burst mode' or in reverse.
- Loses accuracy when sprayed for a long time.
- Accuracy easily loses when using burst mode for a long time.
- Moderate-low accuracy.
- High recoil.
- Higher recoil on burst mode.
Available in all CrossFire versions
- During development, this gun was planned to feature a ballistic shield that's toggleable with RMB - supposedly, it would be used to reduce damage taken for players. But on its release, the shield has been removed and secondary fire mode has been changed to Burst Fire. Model files are still present in the game client. The reason is likely because the shield would be useless in Mutation Mode (and variants) as Mutants would still infect them normally regardless the shield, especially when people prefers using this gun in the said modes rather than normal modes.
- Another reason could be due to balance reasons, as players would combine the shield mode of this gun with their own Bulletproof Helmet and/or Bulletproof Vest to reduce damage taken significantly.
- Unlike other previous variants, the BagIcon for M249 Minimi SPW-Urban has been updated to reflect on its model, rather than just reskinning the classic M249 Minimi SPW one.
- Unlike most weapons that has secondary firing mode, the crosshair does not grow when using Burst Fire, allowing it to still score pinpoint shot easily when single-shooting.
- In CF Vietnam, the killfeed when shooting in burst fire mode isn't used as the normal one is used instead. This is presumably a glitch.