Katana is a Japanese melee weapon and the first sword ever released that featured in CrossFire.
The Katana is a traditional weapon of the Samurai. This weapon has a very long reach and stronger but also more heavier than the standard Knife.
The primary attack or LMB consist of slow two-handed slashes. While the Katana's swings have a longer range than primary attacks of other weapons such as Kukri or Axe, it also more slower and actually a bit weaker.
The secondary attack which is a horizontal slash, can be "prepared" - if holding RMB, player characters will sheathe the sword and will only release when RMB is released. It takes a long time to prepare and the recovery time after the swing is a bit lengthy, but it has the longest range of any melee weapon attack in the game. The player can also move around, albeit much slower, in this prepared state.
The primary attack needs 2-3 hits into the chest to kill, 2 primary hits in the head to kill, or 1 secondary hit (anywhere on the body) to kill.
- The Katana's secondary attack is a Battōjutsu (抜刀術) technique: a field of Kenjutsu which consists of slashes with the rapid drawing and sheathing of the sword. A katana being drawn from its sheath moves with a much greater speed and force than when it is being wielded normally.
- Since the Katana's scabbard does not appear on the character models, the user places the sword by his/her side instead when performing the secondary attack.
- The Katana in CrossFire is shorter than its real life counterpart.
- The blade of the Katana is wider in the third person view, but thinner in first person view.
- CF China is the only version to not feature the Katana, presumably due to China - Japan conflicts. As a result, it's one of the few stock melee weapons unobtainable via Field Shovel-Born Beast's special ability.
- However, despite of this, the Mutation Knight Mode actually features the Ghost Blade (wielded by Knight) which uses the Battōjutsu technique from Katana and applies it to the special executing attack.
- Another original Japanese weapon made it to this server, War Fan.
- Actually, the Katana has been updated but not put on sell, perhaps it was a technical problem, and they did not completely destroy the Katana's file, this has turned it into a broken file weapon. When switching out the Katana, it will inherit the switch action of the last weapon and hold it.
- Later, CF China's game files revealed that there is a newest variant of Katana, Katana-Xmas, which will be released first in the said version. Although other variants (including the stock one) haven't arrived in this version yet.