Katana Gold is a melee variant of the Katana featured in CrossFire.
The Katana Gold features a golden blade and possesses similar stats with the original Katana, such as the very long melee range.
However, the Gold version has a lighter weight than the normal counterpart, plus characters can run around faster while holding the secondary attack. This gives it a huge advantage over the normal Katana, as the user can now move around at a quicker pace with the sword sheathed and ready to strike, unlike the original version which significantly slows the user down when the blade is sheathed.
In all CF versions, the Katana Gold can be obtained for 7 (15d in CF PH) days by mastering Assassin badge. Other versions may offers it in either Black Market or events.
- CF Brazil
- CF West
- CF Vietnam
- CF Philippines
- CF Korea
- CF Indonesia
- Similar to Desert Eagle-Gold, there are two different versions of Katana-Gold: one with light golden blade, shining blade and one with dark golden blade, its blade doesn't shine.
- This weapon was first introduced on Event of PH in December 2012 along with AK-47 Gold for 30 Days. This weapon is also obtainable via cash-spending events but only for 7 days when obtained.
- At first, in CF Vietnam, this weapon can only be obtained through event. However, after an update, its crate was added into the game, but it's including its temporary version (similar to early Black Market crate such as AK47-Knife).
- Also in CF Vietnam, another glitch prevents players from winning all of the temp Katana-G except 30 days one, which means players can only win either permanent Katana-G or 30d. This has been fixed in recent patches.
- This weapon, together with Winchester Gold, Dual Colt Gold & Halloween Grenade, are permanent prizes for online 22 days and 888 minutes in CF VN (from 1/4 to 26/4/2015).
- In CF West, a permanent version of the Gold Katana was given to all members of the clan that won the March of the Ghosts tournament in March 2013. Currently there is no way to obtain a permanent version unless previously stated.