| FAMAS is a bullpup assault rifle designed and manufactured in France. Its low recoil creates good stability with a strong cycle rate & damage power.|
- Weapon Description
FAMAS F1 (or simply FAMAS) is an assault rifle featured in Crossfire.
FAMAS is a bullpup-styled assault rifle designed and manufactured in France, served as the service rifle of the French military before being replaced by HK416F in 2017.
In the game, FAMAS holds an ammo count of 25 with 75 in reserve, which is unfortunate considering the FAMAS's high firing rate will make it run dry fast. A quick reload can mitigate the pain of reloading often, though. This gun is also one of few assault rifles that has an alternate firing mode in the form of a 3-round burst. While this mode helps to educate newer players to not spray and make their shots count, it is unnecessary to more experienced players as you can fire a 3-round burst faster in fully automatic mode than in the 3-burst mode. It should be noted that the three round burst, similar to the XM8-Adv burst, is ideal at mid to far distances as the bullet placement allows for multiple shots to hit. The FAMAS does not deals 1-shot headshot unless at close ranges. Due to its considerable drawbacks, the FAMAS is rarely seen in-game.
- Fast firing speed.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Can be switch to burst-fire mode.
- Quiet firing noise.
- Medium damage dealing.
- Medium accuracy.
- High recoil.
- Slow reloading speed.
- Loses accuracy when sprayed.
- Small amount of ammo per magazine for an assault rifle.
- Easily runs dry.
- Slow firing speed when switch to burst-fire mode.
Available in all CrossFire versions.
- This gun have different firing sound in beta version, also much louder, as can be seen in one of New Deathmatch gameplay.
- In real life, this gun produces loud firing noise when firing, but the in-game one is much quieter.
- In real life, there is a variant of FAMAS F1, which is FAMAS G2. It featured a larger trigger guard, a redesigned magwell and magazine catch accepting STANAG magazine, a small hand-guard protrusion (bump) on the front of fore-stock under the muzzle and a 1/9 rifling, instead of the 1/12 rifling of the F1, but only served as the secondary issue for the French Army.
- FAMAS G2 was updated in CrossFire in much later years, and performs better than the F1 as it has higher accuracy, higher damage, faster firing speed, faster reloading speed, faster drawing speed and has lower recoil.