Desert Eagle (sometimes shortened as DE or refered as Deagle) is a semi-automatic magnum pistol featured in CrossFire.
Considered to be the iconic pistol in most FPS games, including CrossFire, Desert Eagle features high damage and accuracy, and able to take down the opponents with 2-3 shots on the body or 1 headshot up to the medium distance. It is also combined with its high rate of fire and moderately controllable recoil. But this gun has a small ammo capacity with only 7 rounds magazine (35 in reverse) and a pretty slow reloading speed. But it's still very popular for the players due to its advantages.
- High damage as a secondary weapon.
- Moderate damage against mid-to-long targets.
- High accuracy (even higher than Anaconda at long range).
- More stabilized recoil being a very powerful handgun, despite it is a semi-automatic magnum pistol.
- Slower reloading speed and drawing speed compared to Anaconda.
- Low magazine capacity.
- Quick strafing may not be effective without expert aiming.
- CF Vietnam: The Desert Eagle's firepower has been nerfed and players needed to score 4 body hits or 2 headshots to kill armored opponents. Its firing rate also has been slowed. Many players complain that D.E was treated so unfairly, and other pistols such as Anaconda and M66 are often favored because the Desert Eagle is too weak in CF Vietnam. Only some DE variants that have original stats.
- Desert Eagle is one of the two Pistol available in all global CF Tournament (WEM, WCG and CFS), the other being Colt 1911. It is also the most used because of its superior stats comparing to the Colt. This trait has changed somewhat in the recent CFS tournament where the M1911 got buffed significantly, thus many players chose to favor the M1911 thanks to its fast drawing speed.
- In some servers, the Desert Eagle has a special [B] variant that simply gives it +2 ammo without any new skin. It's presumably the predecessor of the Camo variant.
- Before the release of Desert Eagle-Black, this weapon didn't receive a Black variant, being replaced with Camo, unlike Anaconda. There were only three "Black DE" available, the WEM and WCG - both featuring black skin finish with respective tournament mark on the barrel, and the standard Desert Eagle Scope. These guns are very rare nowadays and are considered one of the must-have with all elite players.
- There was a Desert Eagle-Black (DESERTEAGLE_NORMAL_BLACK) in CF China, but it's never seen anywhere, probably got cut during development. This model later adopted the three said variants above.
- CF Brazil's game files show that there was Desert Eagle-Black with the 2.0 model, but only the texture. It was officially released later and can be obtained through Trade System.
- The Desert Eagle features most customization among all Pistols, with Scope and Silencer separated variants similar to the AK47.
- Despite featuring a silver-white skin (more like chrome or stainless steel actually), there exists a Silver variant. This gun has a darker Silver skin comparing to the normal DE, but comes with more ammo and faster reload like most other Black Market DE variants (although some versions like CF Vietnam only give the ammo boost).
- In early CF versions, Desert Eagle has different skin, notably more silver and close to the DE in Counter-Strike: Source. Model files can still be found in CF Vietnam clients.
- Also in CF Vietnam, the Item Icon and Bag Icon is still used the old model.
- In CF Philippines, the Bag Icon of this gun also uses the old model.
- This model was later adapted into Desert Eagle-Silencer with major changes.
- The Blue Crystal variant, which was sold by FPs in all versions, was much more popular than its standard version in Vietnam. It was also cost a few FPs to rent. However, it is not available anymore after FP Shop was closed. Now players can rent the Gradation variant from the Mileage Shop, or obtained an original stats variant from events such as "Spend Vcoin".
- In CF Philippines, you can obtain a permanent DE by doing the Daily Beginner Guide, even if you just started playing CF, although, in the Item Shop, it requires 21,000 GP and a rank of Sergeant 1st Grade.
- The Desert Eagle in CF is smaller in size and relatively weaker compared to its real-life .50AE version. This is proved when D.E is compared with Anaconda (fed with .44 cartridge).