Big Head Mode is a TDM add-on in CrossFire.
- Available in all CF versions
The rules are the same with all TDM rooms that's set by players, either Knife, Pistol, Sniper, Shotgun, or Headshot Only. However in this mode, all players will start out with their head 3x times larger than normal, making scoring Headshot much easier. Scoring kills will make players' head bigger (max: x5) and getting killed will make players head smaller (Down to x1).
Both faction now have an Energy Meter at the top of the screen, which fills up as they score kills. Once it's full, the game enters an all-out melee battle, with the attacking team using Headbutt as their weapon against defense's team still wielding their firearms. Bullets and explosion damages have been reduced to minimal during this phrase however, so it's advised that the defense team switch to their Melee to increase their chance of winning.
- With the release of this mode on CF Brazil, a giant gamebreaking bug came together with its update at that server, making it almost impossible to play an S&D or any similar mode that you can spectate other players. Go to this forum post for details.
- Big Head Mode is actually origin from 生死狙击 , an online FPS game in China which is obviously the copyment of CrossFire (though not been accuse because of the online-only gameplay). It mostly like to create much more variant of regular Game Modes in order to get audiences, as Big Head Mode is one of its earlier created modes being list as one of Casual Modes. While Tencent decides to put this idea in CrossFire after about a year later, and it can also explain why Tencent create a "Casual Modes" and put Big Head Mode as a sub game mode in it, instead of just make Big Head Mode independently.
- Like Sheep Mode and King Mode, Big Head Mode is available as an event mode for a month before being removed.
- After an update in CF Vietnam, this mode has some major changes:
- Each match has 12 minutes by default.
- The default respawning time is 0 second. This makes the very first mode in CF Vietnam that features 0 second respawn since the default respawing time of all mode is 10 seconds.
- Big Head time will be reduced.