| A low power weapons with high accuracy and a large ammunition capacity.|
- Weapon description
Beretta M9 (or simply M9) is a semi-automatic pistol featured in CrossFire.
The Beretta M9 is a cheap pistol with bad stopping power. It is not capable of one-hit headshots at any range, and it often take up to 6 hits before it kills an enemy. But it's has medium magazine size and moderate reloading speed & high accuracy for having low recoil. It's rarely seen in-game due to its abysmal performance.
- High accuracy.
- Fast drawing speed.
- High magazine capacity.
- Low recoil.
- Low damage dealing.
- Damage reducing at long range.
- Moderate rate of fire.
- Moderate reloading speed.
Available in all CrossFire versions.
- In real-life, M9 is the US military designation for the Beretta 92FS. It was the sidearm of most US forces, until the US Army adopted the SIG P320 pistol in 2017.
- The gun's weak firepower in-game is based upon its real-life counterpart's performance in war. The Beretta has gained a bad reputation among US soldiers due to its weak 9mm ball ammo. It is one of the reasons why the US Military has been seeking a new sidearm.
- The P228, USP, Glock-18 are also chambered in 9mm, but their damage are respectively higher than the Beretta in CF.
- CF Vietnam incorrectly claims that this gun has 15/35 rounds instead of 15/30 - this is an obvious typo mistake as all weapons must have spare ammunition in equal magazines.
- In CF Russia and CF China, the M9 isn't sold in the Item Shop. Zombie Mode is the only way to obtain it for the match - you can find it on "Secondary weapon box" at the Biohazard map.
- This gun shares the same animations with the USP, Colt 1911 and P228.
- In CF Europe, this gun used a wrong Item Icon from USP for 5 years, finally they fixed it in 15th December 2016.