Barrett M98B is a sniper rifle featured in CrossFire.
This M98B still does a deadly damage toward the enemies like many high-caliber sniper rifle does. It also has a fast reloading time, pretty lightweight, and has 10-rounds magazine with 20 or 30 rounds in reserve. Uniquely, it features a very high accuracy when scoped in, allowing players to score pinpoint hit even when moving (A trait which is usually reversed for semi-automatic sniper), meaning experieced players can easily run 'n gun with the M98B.
- High damage.
- High accuracy.
- Fairly lightweight.
- Medium reloading speed.
- Medium drawing speed.
- Single scope phase.
- Slow zooming/scoping phase.
- Sometimes deals only 80 damage.
Available in all CrossFire version.
- Barrett M98B is a line-mate of M82 in real life. However, M98B is a bolt-action sniper rifle while M82 is a semi-auto sniper rifle.
- Interestingly, in game, M82 is a bolt-action sniper rifle while M98B still retains its bolt-action capability.
- Barrett M98B's scope features a mounted Barrett Optical Ranging System (BORS) ballistic computer but it is unusable in game. However, it gives this gun a special perk of high accuracy when moving, as the device is used to calculate and offset the hit point on the move so the gun will always score pinpoint hit when scoped in.