| A high-caliber weapon that uses .44 magnum revolver rounds with 6 shots per clip. It has strong firing power.|
- Weapon description
Anaconda is a magnum revolver that is classified as pistol featured in CrossFire.
Anaconda is a large frame double-action revolver featuring a full length under-barrel ejection-rod lug and six round cylinder, designed and produced by the Colt's Manufacturing Company.
In the game, Anaconda is the main competitor of Desert Eagle. Its firepower surpasses the Desert Eagle's damage, but gets reduced greatly at longer distance. It also fires slower than the Desert Eagle. Anaconda holds 6 rounds per cylinder (24 or 30 rounds in reserve). The drawing and reloading speed is fast, saving precious seconds for combat.
- High damage dealing.
- High accuracy.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Fast reloading speed.
- Slow firing speed.
- High recoil.
- Damage reduction at longer range.
- Low ammo capacity.
- Loud firing noise. (CF Vietnam only)
- Available in all CrossFire versions.
- In real life, Anaconda have three variants with different barrel lengths. CrossFire's Anaconda uses the longest barrel variant which is 8 inches (203mm).
- It's illogical for the other variants of Anaconda which has more ammo than the original variant but still uses a 6-shot cylinder, notably this can be seen in first person when reloading. This is because their texture (including the cylinder) is a reskin of the original 6-shot Anaconda variant.
- In CrossFire Vietnam, this gun has some interesting facts that differs from other CF versions:
- Its firing sound is different than the other versions. It's probably the earlier version of this weapon's firing sound.
- Its drawing and reloading sounds doesn't sync with the animation.
- Also, its firing noise is slightly louder than other versions.
- In reality, the Desert Eagle can be reloaded faster than the Anaconda, due to it using magazines. And the Desert Eagle should be more powerful due to its .50AE cartridges, while the Anaconda uses weaker .44 Magnum rounds. However, this could be for balancing.
- In real life, the Colt Anaconda is basically an enlarged version of the Colt Python. The Anaconda's larger size is needed for its bigger .44 Magnum cartridges, over the Python's smaller .357 Magnum.
- Interestingly enough, Colt Anaconda was added during early years of the game, marks the first revolver added into the game, while the Colt Python was added years after.