| "A sub-machine gun designed based on the 'Kalashnikov' line of rifles. This design retains higher power despite its smaller size."|
- in-game description
AKS-74U is a kind of assault rifle featured in CrossFire.
AKS-74U is basically the shorter variant of the AK-74 rifle. This weapon was made because of the competition for the adoption of a fully automatic carbine. Because the Soviets were inspired by observing the US experience in Vietnam with the compact and light XM177.
In 1977 the GRAU decided to adopt Kalashnikov's model, which was largely a shortened AKS-74, because it was no worse than the competition in terms of performance, and promised significant production cost savings by utilizing existing equipment for the AK-74 line.
Besides it's compactness, AKS-74U also has a different sighting system with a U-shaped flip sight instead of the standard sliding notch rear sight. This weapon still uses the 5.45x39mm cartridge.
This weapon is a good choice in close-medium range battle. Because it has medium-high damage dealing and fast rate of fire. But this weapon still suffers bad accuracy and high recoil like any other AKs does.
This weapon can hold up to 30 rounds per magazine.
- Medium-high damage dealing.
- Medium accuracy.
- Fast firing speed.
- High recoil.
- Loses accuracy when sprayed.
- Very loud firing sound.
- Easily runs dry.
- Bad spray pattern.
- Available in all CrossFire versions.
- The only version that adapt this weapon as a capsule shop item was in CrossFire Japan. But later this weapon sales in the capsule shop is discontinued.
- You can clearly see the character pulling the trigger while shooting but the trigger itself is not moving which results to the characters finger glitches on the trigger.