| "Thanks to its low cost, simple design, and rugged quality the AK47 is used by many nations. However, its strong recoil makes it difficult to control."|
- Weapon description
AK47 is an assault rifle featured in CrossFire.
The AK47 is a select-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov.
The AK47 has high accuracy, high damage dealing, and medium rate of fire. So it makes this weapon is excellent and reliable in any combat situation. AK47 is one of the most popular and efficient guns in the game known for its power, range, and cheap price.
Despite its high damage and accuracy, this weapon suffers high recoil after multiple shots and produces very loud firing sound, allowing enemies to easily identify users of the AK-47. As a result, this gun is often used by expert players as they mostly know how to control the gun's recoil effectively.
This weapon can hold up to 30 rounds per magazine.
- High damage dealing.
- High accuracy.
- Medium rate of fire.
- Fast drawing speed.
- Purchasable in Item Shop for GPs.
- Loses accuracy when sprayed.
- High recoil.
- Very loud firing sound.
- Bad spraying pattern.
- Slow reloading speed.
Available in all CrossFire versions.
Tips and Tactics
- Learn to control the spray pattern.
Because this gun can deal a great amount of damage at short to mid range as long as players can spray properly.
- Rushing and camping can be effective strategies.
Thanks to the AK47's ability to be used as a spray weapon, it is generally far more effective with single-shoting.
- It is recommended for skilled or experienced players.
Because most of them are able to utilize the AK-47 effectively.
- Perform quick switch (by pressing Q)
When the recoil is too high and the accuracy loses do the quick switch, and then the crosshair size will be normal again. But be careful, switching weapon requires some time.
AK47 Knife is a modification of AK47 with an attached bayonet beneath the barrel for close combat.
AK47 Scope is a modification of AK47 with an attached red dot sight for optical zoom.
AK47 Silencer is a modification of AK47 which fitted with a silencer for stealth combat.
- There is a Soviet Union symbol which is engraved near the pistol grip of the old model of AK47.
- Meanwhile, there are three skulls engraved on the new model of AK47. It is easily seen on AK47 Silencer.
- Also, there are many weird gibberish that can be found on the new model of AK47.
- The old AK47 is one of the few weapons that receives the new animations.
- However, CF China and CF Philippines didn't update the animation for some reasons, instead they use the new animation for a few variants like the tournament variants of AK47.
- Actually, CF Philippines is the only version that still have the old "original" AK47 animation and model, as the one in CF China is now actually same with AK47-Balance, which in fact still have the old animation but with some small fixes and added the previously missing cocking handle on the characters' HUD, but an exception is AK47-B.
- This gun is very popular in many official CrossFire tournaments alongside the M4A1. Most attackers and back-up players choose it due to its firepower and accuracy.
- This weapon can be found scattered around the area of many Elimination maps (Alaska, Crossroad, etc).
- CF Vietnam is currently the only version that nerfed AK47 with higher spray pattern and slow firing rate. Only a few of these AK47s that still remain with its original stats, including AK47-Phoenix (temporary version), AK47-Buster (and variants), all scoped and tournament variants. AK47 VIPs are also treated with the same, but their stats is still superior than the other nerfed variants.
- In CF Japan, AK47 was also got nerfed with higher spray pattern and slow firing rate. After CF Japan was terminated, CF Vietnam now is the only server nerfed this gun.
- This gun have a slightly different firing sound in CF Indonesia and CF Philippines (except VVIP variants, which uses normal AK47 sound in CF Philippines while it uses exclusive firing sound in CF Indonesia).
- This firing sound was also used in CF Vietnam and CF North America (now CF West), as it can be seen in some older clips, but it was changed later.
- In CF Vietnam, AK47 GP is the only variant that can use in tournament that VTC holds, and players can't use tournament variants which is better. But after AK47-10th Anniversary released, it replaced the GP one. This also happens to other weapons (M4A1, Desert Eagle, AWM).
- In CF West, AK47 now is a basic weapon for new players.