| AK12 is the newest derevative of the AK47 series of assault rifles with a better recoil control.|
- In-game description
AK12 is an assault rifle in CrossFire.
AK12 is a Russian assault rifle chambered in 5.45×39mm. It is designed and manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern (formerly Izhmash) and is currently the latest of the Russian AK-Pattern series of assault rifles.
Overall, the AK12 is slightly better than the AK47. It has better recoil control, but it still has high recoil and strange spray pattern. If players have enough skill, they can perform headshots while shooting AK12 in full-auto mode.
It has lower damage compared to AK47 but has the same accuracy. The reloading speed is also slightly faster than the AK47.
This weapon can hold up to 30 rounds per magazine, same as AK47.
- High damage dealing.
- High accuracy.
- Medium rate of fire.
- Can be bought by GP without rank requirements.
- Loses accuracy when sprayed.
- Loud firing sound (less louder than AK47).
- High recoil (more stable than AK47).
- Bad spraying pattern.
- Available in all CrossFire versions.
- This was the last assault rifle that designed and developed by Mikhail T. Kalashnikov. Vladimir Zlobin also took part in designing AK12.
- The in-game model of AK12 uses the prototype version of this weapon which was still on development on 2012 and based on the AK-200, but this prototype model was cancelled later in favour for the proven and improved AK-400. The final production model of the AK12 (which based on the well-proven AK-400 prototype) was later produced and accepted into service in January 2018. The finalised model of the AK12 looks much different than the prototype one (which the in-game model based on).
- There is a variant of AK12, called AK15, which is fed with 7.62×39mm. The only difference between them is their calibers & cartridges.
- Like M14EBR, this gun was supposed to feature a front grip, but this idea was later scrapped. The beta model can still be found on CF Japan's Capsule preview image.
- In CF Vietnam, this weapon has ammo inconsistency glitch.